The VP of Global Marketing & Clinical Operations will be a results oriented, hands-on business professional capable of leading SunTech’s product management, image/brand awareness, external communication strategies, and clinical validation efforts.
The VP of Global Marketing & Clinical Operations will provide leadership on all relevant aspects of marketing, branding, clinical operations and will ensure all business objectives and goals are met. This role focuses proactively managing product marketing strategies and clinical efforts that generate top-line revenue, share gain, and expanding profit margins leveraging internal and external capabilities. This is a highly visible, proactive leadership role that will report directly to the President.
- Provides leadership and direction for the marketing and clinical functions of the organization with a key focus on developing global brand awareness of SunTech high performance blood pressure technologies.
- Creates effective pull-strategy where clinicians demand that medical device manufacturers include SunTech BP in their products.
- Forms clinical KOL relationships needed to validate and bolster SunTech’s claims of superior performance.
- Establishes and oversees a Clinical Advisory Board to guide new product development and marketing and facilitate communication with KOLs globally.
- Accelerates SunTech’s clinical validation efforts.
- Creates compelling stories about why SunTech BP is better and proliferates them widely.
- Finds or creates data sources needed to understand where business opportunities exist.
- Connects the dots of clinical need, technology, and markets to develop winning products. Devises commercial strategies to successfully launch those products.
- Organizes the Marketing and Product Management teams to align them to strategy and the product development roadmap.
- Mentors, develops and challenges team members to ensure appropriate succession plans.
- Vigorously manages the product portfolio with proactive, disciplined life cycle reviews.
- Identifies and cultivates acquisition and technology investment targets.
- Liaises with Halma Innovation & Digital and Marcomm teams and creates Halma-wide stakeholder relationships to take advantage of our corporate scale.
- Partners with the Sales team to create tools and programs to drive profitable revenue.
- Serves as a contributing member of the senior executive team involved with strategic goal setting and development of the annual operating plans.
- Understands financial metrics and manages a budget specific to the R&D organizations used to optimize performance and drive profitability.
- Proven track record of getting new products through clinical validations, creating compelling value propositions for them and communicating those globally, and successfully launching them.
- Demonstrated senior leadership in directing and managing a marketing and clinical operations organization with proven track record of driving change and breakthroughs in performance and innovative offerings.
- Demonstrated track record of career advancement within marketing organizations and experience in project management, product management and operations.
- A results-driven leader who solicits input from others and transitions concepts into actionable plans to achieve business objectives.
- Leads through solid coaching, guidance, support and accountability.
- Possesses excellent leadership and managerial skills emphasizing teamwork, staff development, cross-functional collaboration, and budgetary control.
- Demonstrated team leadership and teamwork skills in a complex, fast-paced, changing business and market environment to deliver value-added results to the organization.
- Experience of achieving results in a geographically and culturally diverse workplace.
- Demonstrates solid leadership behaviors and competencies, with a focus on growing and developing a strong organization and talent bench.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, collaborative style with a focus on performance and management by objectives.
- Strong and confident decision-maker who is capable and has the experience to make tough business decisions.
- Capable of building a strong link between the company and awareness of the customers’ needs.
- Is an active, high-energy communicator that drives a company vision/mission to align teams, critical resources, management, and stakeholders.
- Creates new and innovative approaches to project management by demonstrating flexibility, open-mindedness, and adaptability to rapidly changing environments.
- Influences and impacts others through building and defending arguments, challenges in a provocative and respectful manner, reaches consensus of opinion, and catalyzes action to meet critical objectives.
- Remains calm under adverse conditions, and reaches independent, reasoned solutions by thinking in a clear, decisive manner.
- Reinforces leadership development, encourages reward and recognition, is attentive to succession planning needs, and effectively removes barriers.
- Consistently develops people through coaching and feedback.
- Proven track record of building high performing teams
- Performs duties accurately the first time and with a sense of urgency.
- Makes decisions with the intent of building a customer centric organization.
- Takes accountability for work produced.
- 10 years of experience in strategic marketing in the medical device field
- Previous experience with clinicians, veterinarians and/or clinical validation projects
- 10 years managing direct reports
- 5 years profit and loss responsibility
- Working at a senior level in a multi-level organization.
- Leadership skills and management techniques
- Team building (attracting and developing talent)
- Product development, management, and marketing
- Change management
- Strategic planning
- Business administration
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Outsourcing models
- Proven track of leading multiple projects to completion in an efficient and timely manner
- Proficient in medical device technology and best practices
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to combine a hands-on operational approach with strategy
- Proficiency in Salesforce and Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
MS in Marketing, Business or business-related major, or Life Sciences MBA and clinical experience desirable
Work is typically performed in a normal office environment;
This position requires up to 10% travel (both national and international).