The Director of IT is responsible for leading all strategic and operational activities of the IT departments within SunTech. Responsible to meet the ever-increasing demands of the company through the use of IT systems and personnel. The incumbent works with the Executive team to understand the priorities and needs of the organization and to devise and implement the plans to meet those needs. This includes indentifying and implementing new systems where necessary so that the Company’s global sales and profitability goals for both annual budgets and long-term business plans are achieved. The director serves at the IT point of contact for Halma and works closely with them for Halma initiatives.
- Ensure that IT solutions are helping to ensure business performance (productivity, access to data, communications). Develop and implement plans to improve performance where necessary.
- To identify, assess and plan the future IT requirements of all SunTech operations (to include but not limited to, corporate Internet access, email and VOIP, financial systems, production & materials planning, CRM system and other sales and marketing reporting, Quality tracking systems, etc) and e-commerce and web based applications.
- Ownership of SunTech’s worldwide IT requirements including requirements from Halma
- Ensure appropriate management of IT resources, policies and assets at SMC, SML and other SunTech facilities.
- To develop corporate and/or organizational IT policies, oversee their implementation and work with management to ensure compliance
- To maintain secure data management systems and environments including virus protection and spam filtering.
- Manage software licenses
- To implement approved IT plans, including hardware and software systems.
- Ensure systems/personnel to manage, maintain and configure existing and new hardware and software systems and equipment, including wireless networks, PC’s and telephone system.
- To be primary on all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
- To be a “go to” resource for all departments of the company, including the China & UK office, for any IT related issues.
- Provide training to users on hardware and software as required.
- To manage the IT staff and direct their efforts to ensure efficient and prompt completion of tasks and direct their education requirements.
- To conduct performance appraisals, salary reviews, and interviews and make recommendations for new hires, consultants and/or replacement personnel.
- To lead Disaster Recovery Planning, Testing, and Response Teams
The IT Manager must possess a blend of business and technical knowledge that will enable them to understand the business needs and work with all areas of the company to find and deliver innovative IT solutions. The incumbent must demonstrate:
- Dependability, flexibility, initiative, hand-on when needed;
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills;
- Self-motivated, detailed oriented and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Project Management experience (IT and cross-functional)
Prefer a minimum of 5 years of experience in working with or managing each of the following:
- ERP systems design, support, and enhancements
- Virtualization (VMware)
- Database applications design and reporting tools
- SharePoint Design and Administration Desired knowledge of:
- Kenandy ERP
- SQL Server Administration
- MS Access Application Design
- SSRS and Crystal Reports
10+ years of experience in IT roles and at least 3 years in IT Management. Experience in a global manufacturing environment preferred.
Four-year College degree in IT, IS, or other technical curriculum required
Demonstrated continuing education with professional and technical education and training
Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally (10%-15%).