The function of the VP Finance is to direct and manage all aspects of the finance and administration functions for SunTech Medical on a global basis as well as being a member of the Board and fulfilling the appropriate broad view of the business.
SunTech Medical is a subsidiary of Halma plc and is a relatively complex international medical devices business. For the most part, trade is conducted in US dollars and the company deals with a large number of blue-chip multinational medical companies on an OEM basis as well as having a strong brand of its own which it sells directly to a variety of medical customers. SunTech Medical is headquartered in Research Triangle Park (RTP), NC with operating subsidiary companies in the UK and China.
Duties and Responsibilities
Within the above context, the incumbent will be expected to work closely with the CEO and other members of the Executive Team to develop and implement the business strategy approved by the Board and ensure its delivery through strong operational management, sound fiduciary financial controls and clear leadership.
The VP Finance will:
- Provide strategic input, direction and guidance on all financial, taxation, and IT matters
- Ensure that the company’s books and records (including subsidiary companies) are properly maintained and appropriate statutory, financial and management reports and returns are produced to required timeframes and formats
- Perform financial planning & analysis functions including strategic planning, competitive analysis, budgeting, forecasting and operational analyses
- Maintain internal control systems for the company and ensure their adequacy at all times
- Review, revise, implement and/or modify financial checks and balances with a high degree of involvement and meticulous attention to detail
- Provide a proactive support service to the CEO and Executive team in relation to all financial, administrative and legal matters
- Work with the CEO and other team members on all new projects and business ventures (including possible acquisitions and divestitures). Prepare financial and action plans for proposed new ventures
- In conjunction with Halma, plc, provide the US companies with a comprehensive company secretarial service to include (but not be limited to), in addition to the accounting and finance responsibilities of the function, insurance, pensions, healthcare, property, leases and all legal matters
- Maintain good working relationships with the US companies’ bankers, auditors, lawyers and other professional advisers.
- Oversee financial and IT management at subsidiary companies.
- Manage and direct Accounting, Payroll and IT functions for the company
- Act as deputy to the CEO
Qualifications, Education and Experience Guideline
- CPA or MBA
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience, preferably in medical device manufacturing
- Experience with international finance requirements and working with companies in similar growth stages
- Sound, and current, technical knowledge in all financial related areas and good current understanding of IT technologies, along with prior experience of managing these functions
- Prior senior line management experience.
- Able and willing to travel worldwide (at least 5% travel); to include 2-3 trips per year to our subsidiary locations
- Key attributes: Proactive; creative; ability to combine a ‘hands-on’ operational approach while making a strategic contribution; maturity; adaptability; professional; good communicator, presenter and motivator and the ability to work with a wide range of people; good ‘team player’; highest ethical standards