The Controller provides the VP Finance and company management with appropriate and timely financial information. Directs U.S. finance team and works closely to coordinate collaboration with international SunTech finance teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of financial information for strategic planning and budgeting purposes.
- Provision and interpretation of timely periodic management information showing actual performance against budget.
- Development of recommendations for action based on positive or negative variances from budget.
- Develop costing systems.
- Ensure compliance with all GAAP requirements.
- Carrying out ad-hoc financial projects as required by the CFO.
- Assist with managing the Treasury function and banking relationships.
- Assist with all taxation matters (including sales & use tax), external auditing and Federal and State reporting matters.
- Manage the Staff Accountant, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable staff to ensure accurate and timely processing of data etc.
- Manage the General Ledger, including accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, payroll and inventory.
- Manage Payroll processing.
Qualifications, Education and Experience Guideline
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- CPA or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years progressive experience at Controller level.
- International experience.
- Experience of handling acquisitions and divestitures.
- Must be fully proficient with computerized accounting systems as well as Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Describe how a standard costing system differs from an average costing system.
- Describe one success story you’ve had in developing an employee.
- Briefly describe your experience with international subsidiaries, customers, or partners.
- Describe one way you’ve made a significant improvement to a process.
Sun Tech Medical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.