The Distribution Manager – Asia Pacific is responsible for driving sales growth and managing customer relationships for SunTech Medical in the Asia Pacific region, less China, India, and Japan, for all product lines. Achieve assigned sales quotas and manage expenses to budget.
- Establish distribution for all finished device lines in all countries, prioritizing high potential markets with low barriers to entry to drive profitable sales quickly
- Segment markets and choose appropriate distributor coverage and strategy, appointing multiple partners if needed.
- Negotiate initial demo unit and inventory purchases, annual minimum purchase commitments, and service arrangements with well established and credible companies.
- Manage the relationships closely and provide strong support
- Monitor performance and adjust strategy accordingly
- Research and qualify potential partners via web, e-mail and telephone to establish a short list of candidates and then travel to the target market to conduct diligence. Choose, sign agreements with, and train the best partners for each product line. Conduct follow-up visits as needed to drive partner performance and solidify relationships.
- Track and record all sales activities in CRM.
- Provide input and suggestions to SunTech internal teams regarding customer feedback and market trends in Asia Pacific.
- Help to manage:
- price lists used by the Finished Goods group
- sales promotions
- web leads and incoming calls for product information.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to develop marketing campaigns, trade shows and various promotional activities. Attend shows as directed.
- Optimize and economize travel expenses to stay within assigned expense budgets and generate maximum return on the travel investment.
Primary Responsibilities Continued:
- Develop direct KOL relationships with prominent clinicians and/or MOH committees to influence changes to clinical practice and tender specifications favorable to SunTech products
- Identify potential KOLs for clinical trials and white papers, clinical seminars, etc.
- Develop deep relationships within distributor partner organizations. Travel to end-user locations with distributor sales & marketing representatives to lead by example with product demonstrations and show manufacturer support of the distributor.
Candidate must be comfortable traveling alone throughout all of Asia Pacific, not to include Japan, China, or India, plus several visits per year to SunTech HQ in North Carolina, USA. Candidate must be cognizant of personal security considerations and plan/execute travel appropriately to minimize risk.
Work is performed in the field and the candidate must be able to routinely handle a container of demonstration equipment and samples weighing up to 35 lbs in addition to personal luggage and laptop. Visits to customers in developing world nations could require climbing stairs with demonstration equipment and samples. There may be high temperature and humidity. Candidate must be able to withstand long flights in economy class.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of sales and distribution.
- Strong listening skills.
- Understanding of cultural and regional differences.
- Ability to read and to understand all non-technical documents relating to sales of company products.
- Knowledge of reusable and disposable blood pressure cuffs in the market
- Proficiencies with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe PDF
- Proficiencies with CRM software. (Salesforce)
- Excellent organization and multi tasking skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- The initiative and ability to make appropriate linkages in work requirements and to anticipate next steps
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Management or other relevant discipline, or a clinical degree combined with business experience.
Native or near native fluency in English (listening and reading comprehension and writing).
2+ years of international medical device sales (distribution, OEM or both) in Asia Pacific with demonstrated success, or 4+ years of proven success in medical device sales in a country in the Asia Pacific region —including managing distributors—with a strong desire to enter International Sales.
50%-60% travel within the region plus occasional visits to SunTech corporate HQ
If home based, the candidate should reside near a major city in Asia Pacific with direct flights throughout the region.
Candidate must be able to secure multiple entry visa for visits to NC, USA several times per yer.