SunTech®’s patented Orbit™ blood pressure cuff is designed specifically for Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring (ABPM) applications. This BP cuff is designed with a soft, supple sleeve that gently hugs the arm to maintain cuff placement and provide the ultimate in patient comfort for patients who must wear a blood pressure cuff for an extended period of time.
Orbit cuffs come standard with SunTech Medical®’s Oscar 2™, the only Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitor that is clinically validated to all three internationally recognized standards. All this technology provides uninterrupted accurate measurements even when the patients are on the move.
Features & Benefits
- Patient Comfort: Soft, supple sleeve made of lycra/nylon stretch material, gently hugs the arm to maintain BP cuff placement and promote patient comfort.
- Durability: Value in a long-lasting, high quality blood pressure cuff material provides a durable yet comfortable cuff solution for repeated readings on multiple patients.
- Easy Cleaning/Disinfecting: High quality material with a removable bladder makes it easier to clean, disinfect, or machine wash the BP cuff.
- Ease of Use: Innovative design that allows a clinician or an individual to properly position the BP cuff on the arm to provide reliable and repeatable blood pressure readings. Adult Plus and Large Adult sizes offer a gentle curve to provide custom fit feel that helps the cuff stay in place.
- Reliable: 100% leak tested for trust, value, and reliability.
- Regulatory: Engineered to meet AHA, AAMI-SP10, and MDD guidelines for accurate results you can trust.
- Latex-Free/PVC-Free: 100% latex-free and PVC-free promotes patient safety.
Why is it important to use the correct size cuff on my patients?
SunTech Medical Cuffs are designed to meet the AAMI (Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation) clinical standards for blood pressure cuffs. These standards were devised in order to ensure adequate pressure on the artery of the upper arm, which is necessary to produce an accurate blood pressure measurement. If a cuff is used on an arm larger than the specified range, the resulting reading will be falsely high. If a cuff is used on an arm that is smaller than the specified range, the resulting reading will be falsely low.
How do I clean the Orbit™ Cuff?
The following cleaning methods have been applied 20 times to the cuff without any apparent negative effects.
- Medical Disinfectant Spray - The cuff may be sprayed with a mild disinfectant solution (e.g. Cidezyme®, ENZOL®, or 10% bleach solution), rinsed with distilled water, and line dry. Ensure that no liquid enters the bladder tubing.
- Medical Disinfect Wipe - Use a mild disinfectant wipe (e.g. Sani-Cloth®) and thoroughly wet cuff surface and line dry.
- Machine Wash - Remove bladder to machine wash the cuff shell. Machine wash warm (50–130°F, 10–54°C) with a mild detergent and line dry.
|Cuff Size||Range (cm)||Female Quick Connect|
|Orbit Small Adult||18–27||98-0063-11|
|Orbit Adult Plus||33–40||98-0063-13|
|Orbit Large Adult||39–46||98-0063-14|