The new standard in ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
The Oscar 2™ system from SunTech Medical sets the standard in ambulatory blood pressure monitoring by giving clinicians practical interpretive analysis and reporting tools. AccuWin Pro™ v3 is a user friendly, Windows® based program that allows maximum flexibility for configuration, analysis, interpretation and reporting of ABPM studies.
- Interpretive summary for quick review: an automated analysis of ABP levels for normality, white coat syndrome, and overnight dipper status according to AHA, ESH, or JNC 7 published guidelines1
- Time-Slice Periods: Provides statistical analysis for user defined time-windows.
- Single page and custom report options: a simple one page report includes an ABP graph, interpretive summary, asleep dip analysis and statistics with selected patient information (click to view a picture of the report)
- PDF report allows Electronic Medical Records (EHR/EMR) compatibility: create an un-editable, electronic report for storage in most EMR systems
- Built in email capability: email a patient study to other AccuWin Pro v3 users.
- Study comparison shows patient progress: make informed treatment decisions by comparing multiple studies.
- Add Medications to Dictionary: Once a medication is added to the dictionary, it will be stored for clinicians to quickly add to other patient files without re-typing. This feature works much like internet browsers which “remember” recently visited websites.
For an interactive tutorial of a complete demo of the Oscar 2 system and AccuWin Pro features, please view the Using the Oscar 2 tutorial.
- AHA: American Heart Association (http://www.heart.org/); ESH: European Society of Hypertension (http://www.eshonline.org/); JNC 7: The Seventh Report of the Joint National Convention on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure.
Request AWP v3
Update to the latest version of AccuWin Pro v3 Today!
The latest version (v3.4.4) of AccuWin Pro v3 is now available to all current Oscar 2 ABPM customers. In order to receive your FREE upgrade, please complete the form below. Please be sure to indicate your preferred language version.
Where can I find out more about US Reimbursement for my ABPM?
To obtain information about your US Reimbursement for your Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring device, please click here.
How do I register my Oscar 2?
To register, please fill out the product registration card provided with your SunTech® Product. You can also register by filling out our online product registration form under the Products Section of this website.
Does the Oscar 2 or its cables contain Latex?
All of our products, including the Oscar 2, hoses and cables, do not contain any Latex.
How do I turn the unit on/off?
To turn ON, press and hold the start/stop button until you hear a series of 3 quick beeps.
To turn OFF, press and hold the start/stop button until you hear a series of five beeps.
What is the difference between the Tracker NIBP2 and the Oscar 2?
Please see this Tracker NIBP2 information page.
Can AccuWin Pro (AWP) software run on Windows 98/NT/2000/XP?
The AccuWin Pro software will run on the latest Operating Systems. Version 3 - Supported on Microsoft Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP. Version 2.x - Supported on all Microsoft Windows Operating Systems 95 and above.
Can AccuWin Pro (AWP) export data to be used in a spreadsheet or database?
The AccuWin Pro software can export data to be used in a spreadsheet or database. Use the File >> Export function, AccuWin Pro can be exported into an ASCII text file for use by most spreadsheet and database programs. The export function is flexible enough to allow for only data of interest and be exported and various of delimiters can be chosen.
Does SunTech's AWP software allow for sending reports by e-mail or modem?
The AccuWin Pro software can send reports by email or by modem. The AccuWin Pro v3.3 and v3.3.1 software have a feature allowing you to email AWP files from within AccuWin Pro to other AccuWin Pro users. All AWP files from any of our AccuWin software products can be sent via email and be opened with the corresponding AccuWin program that originally downloaded them. Also, all AccuWin Pro Software products can send reports over a modem to a fax machine when used with a PC with a fax-printer driver installed.
How do I get my AWP software to work with my office EMR software?
AccuWin Pro v3 has a one button operation to create patient reports in PDF format. PDF files of patient reports can then be placed into the patient's folder for most EMR systems. This allows viewing of a patient's report without the need for AccuWin Pro.
I can’t get my computer to communicate with my monitor. Or, when trying to program or retrieve data, I receive the error, “Cannot communicate with ABP device.” How do I fix this?
Check the hardware settings under Configure, then Preferences. Select a configuration to Edit. Serial Port will show all ports available on the computer.
- If using the USB adapter, install the driver (mini CD included in USB adapter packaging).
- Ensure the Oscar 2 has battery power.
- Ensure that another device, such as a Holter monitor or PDA, is not connected to the specified port. Remove the device or change the serial port for your Oscar 2 to a port that is not being used.
- Check that the appropriate ABP device is connected. After you have changed the settings, connect your ABP device and select Test Port to confirm that the computer and monitor are communicating.
Features & Benefits
|AccuWin Pro v3 is now compatible with a USB cable in addition to the current serial PC Interface cable. The USB adapter solution is now obsolete.|
Users may now choose between a USB or serial cable, and manually loading drivers for the USB adapter option is now obsolete.
Users now have the ability to “plug and play.” AccuWin Pro automatically recognizes the USB cable when it is plugged into the computer, so the COM port is automatically chosen.
|AccuWin Pro v3 now allows users to define specific time-windows for which to perform a statistical analysis. These analyses include the same parameters currently included in the statistical analyses of the overall, awake, and asleep periods.||Users may want to analyze specific periods throughout the day to understand why blood pressure may rise or fall (e.g. period after medication is taken, stressful meeting at work, drive through rush hour, etc).|
|As an alternative to typing in the free text field for Current Medications, users may add Medication, Dosage, and Frequency to dictionaries that are stored within AccuWin Pro v3.||Users will not have to type in common medications with each study. Once a medication is added to the dictionary, it will be available for users to add to the Current Medications field. This feature will work much like internet browsers (i.e. Internet Explorer) “remember” recently visited websites.|
|Interpretive Summary||AccuWin Pro v3 now includes an interpretive summary of the ABPM study results based upon published guidelines of normality from the American Heart Association (AHA) and the JNC 7 Report or the European Society of Hypertension (ESH).|
Physicians unfamiliar with ABPM and how “normal” levels are different from standard in-office readings are provided with simple classifications to assist with treatment decisions, reducing the time needed to analyze and report on each ABPM procedure.
Physicians can now quickly recognize normal and abnormal 24-hour BP values, awake BP values, and asleep BP values.
|White coat analysis and reporting|
AccuWin Pro v3 can analyze the first hour of collected data compared with the full 24-hour data and automatically indicate whether the patient exhibits a white coat effect.
If “Suspected White Coat Hypertension” is selected as reason for test, in-clinic and out-of-clinic readings are included in the ABPM report.
ABPM is the best tool for ruling out white coat hypertension. Physicians new to ABPM will have an automated guide to indicate whether the patient exhibits a white coat effect.
Medicare reimbursement requires documentation of in and out-of-office results, which can be easily displayed within the report.
|EMR compatibility||Built in PDF report function creates an un-editable, electronic report that can be stored in most EMR systems.||Physicians with EMR systems can easily include the electronic ABPM results within the patient’s electronic record.|